Saturday, August 16, 2014

Nevermind the Leg Room

You can't predict the future.
I read a great story today, written by a woman in her 60s. She was vivacious and full of fun. 


I'm in the Emirates Airlines lounge, headed to Singapore via Dubai. My boss and I are an incredible duo. We can solve anything, just give us a few seconds and a few iced cortados.

I'm thinking of him, a lot, as I prepare to embark. We talked about this trip. Can't help wondering what he's doing this weekend. It's hard to leave someone you care about in an instant.

It's easy to say goodbye, though. You just decide (cock the gun), begin to speak (aim), and deliver the words (shoot).

But the weeks after can be strange. The heart is full of mischief. Burdened with longing and irresponsible loyalties. I only get nostalgic at dusk and when I eat sushi or think about email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to my thoughts here...