Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Divide & Conquer

And I prayed that God would give me the grace to study and study and study and...
to study as if my life depended upon it.


But it's not my life that depends on it; it's all the people who won't be enrolled in college this year...or ever. All the people who walk through the doors that open to them, who make choices to maximize their own utility function and who may not know how to solve the problems in their neighborhoods and communities.

Some lives revolve so tightly around worry and despair, that by gripping to hold on in the midst of that spinning, they lack enough insight into the problems to know how to climb above them. When your biggest concern is holding on for dear life, climbing is out of the question.

So as I was praying, it immediately became obvious that the reason I need grace to study, is that someone's life depends on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to my thoughts here...