Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Time Zones

Sometimes I feel as though I'm alone with my grief here in Kentucky.

It is my constant companion.

But I dread how quickly the months are passing and how the gauze that separates heaven and earth is thickening with each passing day, and will continue to until my ability to peer into eternity is completely obscured.

That's the thing about death. One thing about death, I guess: this world we live in seems so faint, so fragile and so temporary when you experience a moment of eternity. For a short time I have been permitted to stand with half my soul here on earth and the other half in a place so much more permanent than here--and as the days pass, that sense of what is beyond this time is less tangible, less immediate.

I don't know how I feel about that, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to my thoughts here...