Monday, August 24, 2009

Sugarholics Anonymous?

Despite many months of keeping my sugar consumption habit under control...I am sorry to admit that I've fallen off the wagon.

I need a support group.
I need accountability.

I ate Poptarts today. Poptarts?? Out of desperation. Out of a vending machine for Pete's sake.

Did you know that a package of Poptarts has 400 calories? Also, that the first three ingredients are enriched flour, corn syrup and the other really bad corn syrup. I didn't know that until after I had eaten them.

But frankly, I was so desperate, I would've eaten them regardless.

Last night: At least 6 chocolate chip cookies?
Saturday: Brownies
Friday: Dunkin Donut

I don't even want to say anymore. It's pathetic. I'm starting to lose my ability to say no.

:\

Additional comment: A short time after writing this, the regionsal manager at my company called us all together to sing happy birthday to our VP and eat strawberry cake. I love cake. But no, no. There's a proverb in the Bible that says, "Put a knife to your own throat if you're a man given to appetite." I might start carrying a knife around with me.

It is not the mountain we conquer
but ourselves.
-Edmund Hillary

1 comment:

  1. Ahem today you get cupcakes tho! Eat them and forget about wagons and everything else!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Add to my thoughts here...